Terms & conditions of use
Internis are pleased to provide a free text messaging (SMS) reminder service to help you remember to take your Binosto and to remind you when your prescription will need to be renewed.
How does it work?
By registering for the text reminder service, you are providing us with your mobile phone number in order to receive text messages from our text messaging service. Upon completion of the registration process, we will send you text messages based on the service you have requested:
- A weekly reminder to take your Binosto
- Provide you with a reminder when it is time renew your Binosto prescription.
Your mobile phone number will not be used for any other purposes other than the service you have requested. This service is free of charge.
What happens if I do not want to receive text reminders anymore?
You can opt out of the reminder service by emailing: email@example.com
Please ensure you include the following information:
- Your name
- The old mobile phone number receiving the text reminders
- Your new mobile phone number
If you prefer, you can simply re-register with your new number on the website. Your old details will remain on our database.
Once we know the new number we can continue sending the reminder messages to your new mobile.
How secure is the service?
The information comes from our computer system, which is highly secure. Mobile networks are secure and the mobile phone companies put very strict controls in place to prevent individuals from misusing network technology. Message content involves a simple reminder only and will not contain any sensitive information about you or your prescription. Once the message reaches the mobile phone, it is only as secure as your phone.
Will the text messages be private?
We will not send any sensitive information by text. However, the messages will refer to your medicine by name – Binosto.
Will I have to pay for the text message?
No, unless you are outside the UK, in which case your mobile provider may charge you to receive the text.
This policy explains why we request personal information, how you can give or refuse your consent, the information we request, and who else may have access to it.
The text reminder service is managed by Internis and its agents for the use of patients who have been prescribed Binosto within the UK.
Why do we request personal information?
- The main reason for collecting, processing and storing your personal information is to be able to provide you with the text reminder services.
- Personal information will be collected and stored by Internis or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To directly provide the services you have requested
- For security, administrative and legal purposes
In such cases where Internis ask you for personal information, we will inform you of how we intend to use the information and we will ask for your explicit consent.
According to the contact details provided by yourself, we will provide the services you have requested by SMS (text) only.
We will not share your information with any third party other than those necessary to provide you with the text reminder services. We will not use your information for the purposes of promotion without your consent.
We employ industry standard security measures to protect your information in our databases from access by unauthorised persons and accidental loss. However, there is always a risk that unscrupulous operators may find a way to penetrate our security systems so we cannot completely guarantee security. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. We strive to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your information in our databases.
- By registering for the medicine reminder service, you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
- Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- If you object to the use of your personal information in any of the ways mentioned, please tell us by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask Internis for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, Thornton & Ross Ltd, Linthwaite Laboratories, Manchester Road, Linthwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD7 5QH.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the services you have requested, Internis will store the information that you have chosen to give us, as well as web-based information to improve your experience on the website. We do this in 2 ways:
- Information collected directly from your registration
- Cookies – Cookies are little bits of information that all websites collect, which tell webmasters about your visit. The cookies we collect allow us to:
- Tell how many people have visited the website, how many pages they have visited and for how. We use these cookies to help us improve our website and they cannot be used to identify you.
- Store your session preferences so that you can access the website easier next time you visit.
For more information about cookies and for instructions on how to clear them, please visit this website.
Who else might see my personal information?
Internis does not share, trade, sell or otherwise allow 3rd party access to any data unless clearly stated at the point of data collection.
Should Internis be acquired by another company, customer information may be deemed a transferable business asset, and as such will transfer to the new owner.